MS Data Engineer - Zürich
Working as a Data Engineer in the Data Analytics team, key responsibilities of the role will
* Analysing Source Systems to identify Data storage, flow and relationships;
* Identifying and optimising storage options for data warehousing requirements.
* Writing SQL Statements to query Source Systems for integration and reporting needs.
* Creating integration pipelines to move data from source systems into data warehouse solutions
* Building, together with the Data Architect, new Data Warehousing solutions using appropriate Methodologies (Kimball, Inmon, Data Vault, etc).
* Creating sophisticated error handling routines to manage data quality issues and integration complexities.
* Configure data sources using a wide range of connection technologies (ODBC, OLEDB, JDBC, ADO, REST, OData, etc.)
Within the context of the role described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who has the following key experience/capabilities:
* Minimum of three years experience in a similar engineering or developer role;
* You will have extensive experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
* You will have experience creating integration pipelines for Data Warehouse solutions.
* Proficient in writing SQL Statements to Query Data as well as all other CRUD methods.
* Experience with SSRS and SSAS beneficial.
* Experience with Azure Data Factory highly regarded.
* Experience with Enterprise Service Bus technologies and/or integration platforms such as Zapier, mulesoft, BizTalk or Scribe beneficial.
* You will have proven experience gathering integration requirements and writing technical specifications.
* Above all else, you will have a humble, kind, friendly and trustworthy personality, with excellent listening skills. You will have the ability to see outside the box and be proactive, self-motivated, enthusiastic and technically competent.
* Data Stack: Azure Datawarehouse, SQL Server 2012+
* ETL: SSIS
* Integration Platforms (Zapier, Mulesoft, etc.) beneficial
Beratung / Consulting